Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Speciale Italia Cuba


The third of the three chocolate bars I tried from the Italian company Speciale Italia srl contains cacao beans from Cuba. The cacao content of this chocolate bar is 75%. The ingredients look good, as the other two, cocoa paste, sugar, cocoa butter, lecithin as an emulsifier and natural aromas. This one I did not like as much as the other two, the flavour was good, though it seemed a little too dry, a little chalky, rather than smooth melting. I would eat this bar again, though I preferred the one from Ecuador, and next the one from Santo Domingo. One odd thing about these chocolate bars that I had not mentioned, is that these are the only chocolate products that come in plastic bags rather than foil. It doesn't seem to affect the flavour. Now, let's hope I can find any of these bars somewhere again.

No comments: