Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Dagoba Organic Lemon Ginger


This 2 oz. Organic chocolate bar from the American company Dagoba Organic Chocolate, which, according to their website, transforms "exceptional cacao into edible gold" using "Chocolate Alchemy", combines the citrus taste of lemon with the zing of crystallized ginger, though I don't think they do a great job with it. It says right on the package, 'a hint of lemon', certainly it is merely a hint. The crystallized ginger is good, but the pieces are few and far between, they should look to Green&Black's Ginger for inspiration (ok, perhaps I'm biased - I really like ginger!). The ingredient listing looks good, all Organic, dark chocolate (made of cacao beans, evaporated cane juice, cacao butter and soy lecithin), crystallized ginger and lemon. The cacao content is at 68%.



How does it taste? The chocolate is good, dark chocolate, but the bar is not gingery enough for my tastes, and the lemon was very subtle indeed. Too, it's fairly expensive, and small in size. I don't know that I would buy this bar again.

No comments: