Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lentil and Tomato Stew

This is a hand-me-up recipe, in that my little sister handed it up to me. And I'm glad she did. This is simple to make, yet quite delicious. It is important to bring the tomatoes as close to a paste as you can without burning it. The lemon added at the end gives it an overall zing. I used my new Fleur de Sel in it, as well.

Lentil and Tomato Stew
4 Tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves
1 can diced tomatoes, 28 fl. oz. (or 1 large tomatoes or 2 small)
2-1/2 cups water
1 can lentils, 19 fl. oz.
3/4 to 1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Heat oil and cook garlic in large pan until browned. Add tomatoes and cook until paste-like, about five minutes. Add lentils and water and bring to boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until reduced to half. Add salt and lemon juice and stir to finish.

No comments: