Friday, January 27, 2006

Chocolate Drop Cookies

I think that this is the first recipe I tried as a child, one of those "every child makes a recipe and then we'll include the recipe in a cookbook" kind of events probably every child has gone through. I like this recipe, cooking the cocoa and butter and milk slowly turns it all into a silky smooth liquid. My boss likes this, I gifted him with a double batch for his surprise 40th birthday party years ago. He was stuffed at lunch today when we met, he was at one of our plants in the morning, and I had to suppress a smile when he said that, as I knew that three of them were waiting for him at the office. And, of course, he ate two of them right away. I always have room for cookies, he says. He got that right.

Chocolate Drop Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa (heaping)
1 cup shredded coconut
3 cups oatmeal

Mix together butter, milk, sugar and cocoa and bring to boil (double boiler or stirring constantly). Remove from heat.

Add coconut and oatmeal. Mix thoroughly and drop from spoon on wax paper. Let dry.

No comments: