Saturday, November 05, 2011

Feodora Grand'or Blutorange

The German chocolatier Feodora Chocolade makes good dark chocolate, at 75% cacao content, with various flavourings added. I was most interested in this one, because blood oranges are one of my favourite fruits. The ingredient listing looks good, cocoa beans, sugar, cocoa butter, natural blood orange flavouring, citric acid and Bourbon vanilla

How does it taste? I was disappointed to see that there was no real blood orange in there, just natural flavouring, and combined with citric acid, there is a sourness and taste and smell of blood oranges, though not that strong. As a lover of blood oranges, this in no way satisfied that craving, thought the chocolate tasted and smelled good. I don't thing I would buy this bar again.

No comments: