Friday, April 09, 2010

Lindt Petit Desserts Sorbetto


This large ice-cream-cone shaped package is filled with little chocolates with sorbet inspired fillings; Fragalo or strawberry, Arancia or orange, and Limone or lemon. You're supposed to eat them chilled (for 2 hours), and, honestly, they sat in the back of my fridge for a long while (days and days) until I recently discovered them again. These appear to be more than milk chocolate in terms of cacao content; I'm guessing, as there is no indication on the packaging. The filling seems to be made from some good ingredients, orange, strawberry juice and lemon juices, and natural orange oil, but the ingredients are leaning towards mostly sugar.



How do they taste? The limone one was by far the best, sour like lemons should be (though this might be from citric acid than lemon juice). They are kind of sweet, and I don't think they really achieve the whole sorbet experience. I don't think I would buy these again, and really, I haven't seen them again in the stores.

No comments: