Sunday, June 07, 2009

Marco Polo Dark Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts


There were several offerings available made by this Polish chocolatier in the Polish supermarket I went to called Starskeys, I chose the dark chocolate hazelnut one (as you can well imagine); there was a milk chocolate hazelnut, but I am trying to avoid milk chocolate these days. So saying, I think this just fits into the dark chocolate cacao content requirements (ie 49%), the packaging states that the cocoa mass content is at 40%, with the cocoa butter added it should be at 49% or so). The rest of the ingredients are (83% chocolate) sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, vegetable fat, soya lecithin as an emulsifier, polyglycerol polyricinoleate also as an emulsifier, flavour, hazelnuts (16%), polishing agents (arabic gum, talc, modified starch, glucose syrup and vegetable fat).

How did they taste? Pretty good, though the dark chocolate was a little sweet (and I don't like some of the ingredients) and the hazelnuts were mostly pieces as opposed to whole. My beautiful Bride thought they were pretty good. This 100 g package cost about $1.70, which is cheap, but I don't know that I liked it enough to go back to get some more. Too, I don't like the ingredients that make the coating "shiny".

No comments: