Monday, March 29, 2010

Governor's Choice Dark Chocolate with Raisins, Hazelnuts and Almonds


We got this chocolate bar at Zeller's, it is Swiss chocolate imported for Hudson's Bay Company (of which Zeller's is a part). It features hazelnuts, my favourite, and almonds, my beautiful Bride's favourite, and is at 44% cacao content. The ingredient listing is not bad, sugar, chocolate liquor, dry raisins, hazelnuts, cocoa butter, almonds, butter oil (I guess to replace cocoa butter?!), soy lecithin and artificial flavours.



How did it taste? Not bad, though I found out after eating the whole bar, I was waiting at an airport, that it was expired. The nuts at least were still crunchy, though I was more aware of the almonds than the hazelnuts. It was under two dollars, and I doubt that I would buy it again.

No comments: