Sunday, April 16, 2006

A new coffee I found this weekend

I really like Costa Rican coffee, and have found several sources for it, both whole bean and ground, also an instant version for a while, but this new source is not organic, it's fair trade coffee from a Canadian company! Fair trade involves working with coffee farmers to give them fair prices for their coffee beans, as opposed to the large corporation approach, which has been, to give the farmer a small amount for their goods, then resell them at much higher prices and profits. The Canadian company utilizes a solar-powered facility to roast the purchased organic green beans. I saw coffee from Peru and Costa Rica at this store, but they have coffees from all around the world. I can say that the Costa Rican coffee that I made this morning was quite good, mellow, one of the better cups of Costa Rican coffee I've had. Find out more about them here.

No comments: