Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Recipes I've tried recently

Searching through food blogs for recipes is a recent passion, the Internet is a vast repository of information in a dark room with only a penlight for illumination. I’ve found several over the past few weeks, most of which I haven’t had the chance to try yet, but there are some that I have tried, most of which have been successful, one so far was a problem, only in that I did not have a large enough pan and it bubbled over.

The people at work are glad too when I bake, as I usually bring in the extras for them to finish, being only me at home, if I ate everything that I baked, I’d be 50 lbs. heavier. They’ve said many times that I should set up a business baking, but it’s a hobby of mine, and if I would have to work at it, it wouldn’t be as much fun.

You can add me to the list of fans of this baked good, I like Nutella a lot!

Self Frosting Cupcakes by Nic

These cookies are chewy and good, the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve had in a long while. I’m definitely going to try the technique of adding a little bit of honey. Nicole’s Chocolate Chip Cookies again by Nic

Currants are my favourite dried fruit, much better than raisins, and I made this recipe, which were well received at work and which I’ll make again. Korintkakor by Anne

The recipe I wasn’t successful at making was this. Malted Milk Black and White Pound Cake It smelled quite good, until it overflowed onto the burner.

These were also well received at work. Chocolate Chunk Caramel Cookies Cutting up the caramels took a fair bit of time, but otherwise the recipe was easy to make.

These turned out very chewy and tasted quite good. I’ll definitely make them again. Chocolate Chip Malted Milk Cookies

No comments: