Monday, April 20, 2009

Green & Black's Organic Butterscotch Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs


Last Easter, I found the new offering from Green & Black's, their Dark Chocolate Praline Mini Eggs, with Hazelnuts, which I enjoyed. This year, I looked for them again, and, to my surprise, found a new offering beside those, butterscotch mini eggs (or at least new to me, and these and the Dark Praline were in more stores - Shopper's Drug Mart - than last year). This is a long title for this entry, I've even chopped off the bit where it says "with crispy cereal and crunchy toffee pieces". The ingredient listing is certainly long too (but all Organic), Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Whole Milk Powder (22%), Organic Cocoa Mass, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Butterscotch (8%) (Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Glucose, Organic Butter, Organic Palm Fat, Organic Molasses, Natural Flavouring), Organic Crisp Cereal (3%) (Organic Rice Flour, Organic Sugar, Organic Oat Flour, Organic Wheat Flour, Organic Barley Flour, Organic Rye Flour, Organic Malt, Salt), Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin and Organic Vanilla Extract. This is a milk chocolate, but high on the scale, at 37% cacao content. This too probably is related to their Butterscotch chocolate bar, thought that does not have the crispy cereal in it, and I have not tried that particular bar.



How do they taste? Not as good as the Dark Praline ones, and certainly the Butterscotch aspect of it is not strong, the crispy cereal is more prevalent than the toffee pieces. I don't think that I liked this enough to pay the over $7 for it again next year.

No comments: