Sunday, November 01, 2009

Chinese Green Tea - Moonlight of Spring River


I must admit, this gift box of Chinese Green Tea has been sitting on my shelf for a few months; I only recently opened it. At first, I thought there was a large bag of loose green tea, but opening the box revealed something quite different.



There were several small boxes, all the same.



Opening the small box revealed several bags of what felt like loose green tea.



Opening the bag reveals slivers of green tea, enough for a cup of tea.

The tea tasted very fresh, I think a measure of the individual packaging (with a large bag, it tends to go staler faster); on the other hand, there is a lot of packaging, not good for the environment (though some of it is recyclable). As always, the second steeping is sweet while the first is more bitter.

No comments: